FOLDING@HOME GPU PPD DATABASE
PUBLIC BETA v1.01
We are an enthusiast project focused on helping new and veteran folders better understand the PPD performance of their GPUs on different F@H work units with current, real world folding data.
Our goal is to inform folders hardware purchases and configurations to get the maximum protien folding work unit throughput aiding research of todays most pressing medical issues such as Covid-19.
COMPARE YOUR GPUs PPD TO OTHER FOLDERS RESULTS
1. INSTALL FOLDING@HOME TO HELP MEDICAL RESEARCH
Support medical research by folding protiens for researchers with your computers GPU & CPU. You must have F@H installed and running.
2. GET FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK CHROME EXTENSION
Get our dark theme replacement of the standard F@H web client with built in WU PPD benchmarking, it even has a team LTT orange theme for members.
3. SEE WU PPD STATS TO COMPARE WITH YOUR GPU
View our extention to get real time GPU/WU PPD information to benchmark, while automatically sending random samples to grow the database.
FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK: DEFAULT SKIN
Yes Yes, We know not everyone folds for the LTT team, even though they should...
A FOLDING CLIENT INTERFACE THAT WON'T MELT YOUR EYES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!
Sure it's dark and bruiting and we like that, But in addition to its looks the default skin client also does the following great things for you.
- Grabs a baseline PPD for the GPU and project you are currently folding for you to see how your system compares to the community average.
- GPU performance update stats are real-time to show you +/- percent changes in PPD performance as you use or tweak your system.
- GPU performance infromation has links directly to your GPUs performance data on this site.
- Client automatically sends your GPU / WU PPD to add it to the global database for all folders to benefit from.
- Did we mention, it's a dark theme for the F@H web client and it's FREE?!
FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK: UNOFFICIAL TEAM LTT MODE
AKA I really hope LMG is ok with this mode so they can't show the wrong team # in videos...
LAR_SYSTEMS, A PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE LTT FOLDING TEAM #223518
Crunching medical data with the Linus Tech Tips folding team over the past year has been a big inspiration to build out this project.
The rabid group of folders on the forum are always trying to squeeze a little bit more folding power out of whatever gear they have lying around which is inspiring.
However, you could also see a lot of the same questions being asked by folders about hardware, performance and the impact of different work units which hopefully this database can help demystify.
When you fold for the LTT team you get a special team LLT skin, all the default skin features and an indicator of what folding team forum badge level you are based on your PPD folded for team LTT.
I hope you enjoy the effort to collect and share GPU PPD data with the folding community and continue to help medical research folding for team LTT #223518
LAR_SYSTEMS (on the forum)