Folding@Home GPU & CPU PPD DATABASE
Public Beta v2.0
We are an enthusiast project focused on helping all medical data folders better understand and tune the PPD performance of their hardware across different folding@home work units with current, real world data.
Our goal is to inform folders hardware purchases and configurations to get the maximum work unit performance throughput aiding medical research of todays most pressing medical issues such as Covid-19.
BETTER UNDERSTAND YOUR HARDWARE AID MEDICAL RESEARCH
Install FOLDING@HOME TO HELP MEDICAL RESEARCH
Join a global community of people supporting medical research at home by folding protiens for researchers with your computers GPU & CPU.
GET FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK CHROME EXTENSION
Get our dark theme replacement of the standard F@H web client with built in work unit by project PPD comparisons.
SEE REALTIME PPD STATS TO COMPARE WITH YOUR SETUP
View our extention to get real time GPU & CPU PPD information to tune your gear, while automatically sending random samples to grow the global database.
FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK: VERSION 2.0
An add-on for the default folding@home web client with realtime PPD insights by project and per fold charting
A FOLDING CLIENT INTERFACE THAT WON'T MELT YOUR EYES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!
Sure it's dark and bruiting and we like that, But in addition to its looks the default skin client also does the following great things for you:
- NEW - Timer (Time of Use) shifting allows you to set a time to start folding and finish folding so you can fold at off peak power usage times or to manage seasonal heat.
- NEW - View a recent time allocation breakdown of research your system was working to better understand why your PPD varies due to different research projects.
- NEW - UI Theme skin picker that allows you the flexibility to chose your style regardless of your team affiliation.
- NEW - Monitor style picker to allow you adapt your favorite UI Theme to a number of retro style display colors.
- NEW - Code and UI redesign to streamline the use of space and put more of a focus on the research being completed in a modern responsive UI that has been optimized to feel / be more responsive.
- Grabs a baseline PPD for the GPU and project you are currently folding for you to see how your system compares to the community average.
- GPU performance update stats are real-time to show you +/- percent changes in PPD performance as you use or tweak your system.
- GPU performance infromation has links directly to your GPUs performance data on this site.
- Client automatically sends your GPU / WU PPD to add it to the global database for all folders to benefit from.
- Did we mention, it's a dark theme for the F@H web client and it's FREE?!
Client 2.0 displays more information and daily logging to help inform why your PPD performance is fluctuating.
Schedule when you're folding and when you're not to save money on electricty or reduce heat.
Different styles, skins and monitor themes cause your system should look cool while it does science.
FOLDING AT HOME IN THE DARK: UNOFFICIAL LTT RGB LAMBO THEME
AKA I really hope LMG is ok with this mode so they can't show the wrong team # in videos...
LAR_SYSTEMS, A PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE LTT FOLDING TEAM #223518
Crunching medical data with the Linus Tech Tips folding team over the past year has been a big inspiration to build out this project.
The rabid group of folders on the forum are always trying to squeeze a little bit more folding power out of whatever gear they have lying around which is inspiring.
However, you could also see a lot of the same questions being asked by folders about hardware, performance and the impact of different work units which hopefully this database can help demystify.
When you fold for the LTT team you get a special team LLT skin, all the default skin features and an indicator of what folding team forum badge level you are based on your PPD folded for team LTT.
I hope you enjoy the effort to collect and share GPU PPD data with the folding community and continue to help medical research folding for team LTT #223518
LAR_SYSTEMS (on the forum)